he’s… being a boy confused with his feelings? who sees Asami as someone he should date. someone society and everything he’s ever grown up with telling him that he should date her. he likes her a lot as well don’t get me wrong, but he also sees her as the reasonable option.
but he likes korra and has probably liked korra for some time. but she’s the AVATAR as well as a team member so in his head he can’t justify his feelings because to him they don’t make sense. and he’s always the adult, he’s the one taking care of everything so he can’t justify feeling like a love sick teenage boy.
so. calm your mako hate plz.
- I totally agree, and frankly was getting a little ticked at everyone being like “MAKO’S A TACTICIAN” with his whole Asami relationship.
- Really, this boy is a survivor. He has essentially had to parent Bolin—which is another reason why I think he’s befuddled about Korra because while Asami does make sense Korra does not and he has built his life around what makes sense and what is safe (agree, no knocks on Asami). He doesn’t want to step outside of the bubble.
- Also, while Asami makes sense, Korra makes him feel like a normal, ~hormonal~ teenage boy, and his whole “I’m the adult here” suppressed self is confused.
- (OMG THOUGH. When she kissed him the middle of his sentence and his expression and Bolin running away like the diva he is—BOYS.)
- I sincerely believe that Korra and Bolin are better as friends, too.
- Bolin/Asami: shipping it.
oh man yes finally these are all things that i’m trying to get through. ^^ all of these things, i feel all of them.
i enjoy watching fandom meltdowns.
no wait. did people actually think that kiss was going to happen when Mako wasn’t still involved with Asami?
because Korra is brash and impulsive, so obviously she’s not going to think about that for a second.
but, i mean, didn’t we see how the episode ended? Like, here’s the thing, it could have ended with Asami finding out and there being a raging cat fight and NO ONE WANTS THAT.
no it ended with Korra being incredibly civil towards Asami andyes. maybetheir friendship can progress now.
guys, people, people, it’s all about story telling. they’re just taking some well used tropes and THROWING THEM ALL AT YOUR FACE AT ONCE.
it’s quite brilliant actually.
this also means the next episode is going to be dark/tense.
are the people that actually think Makorra is doomed because of this leak.
oh my sweet summer child
and i’ll probably get it for saying it, but the reason that Bolin is left out is because he’s our comic relief in the show. Comic reliefs rarely ever get with the girl, at least not the main character, not in a story telling standpoint. He might have a crush on Korra, yes, but any and all relational situations between the two of them have been hammering it in how they’re friends and that’s all. Guys, their first interaction hammered in that they were going to be friends.
I adooooreeeee Bolin, but there’s almost no chance that he’s even a part of this love triangle/square/mess thing. I mean he is but he isn’t? The focus right now is on Mako/Korra/Asami and that’s probably how it’s going to stay for a while.
Actually the writing is just becoming more and more brilliant in a weird shipping stand point. Like, this is actually really clever writing the way they HAMMERED Makorra and then brought in Asami really quickly and then Tahno right after. It’s quite good.
But yeah. comic relief guys.